Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Achorage And then Back on the Glenn Highway!

Heading back into Anchorage along Cook Inlet and Turnagain Arm:

 Turnagain Arm is just spectacular as you saw in my previous photos.   Often misty in the morning, it looks like what I imagine a Scandinavian fjord to be as these photos attest:




Leaving Anchorage, I headed east again along the Glenn Highway.   Outside of Palmer, I passed again the gorgeous Matanuska Range and Matanusca Glacier:






And as you can see from these 2 photos, there's plenty of room to look for bears, moose and other wildlife...or simply build your remote cabin in the woods.








And speaking of a cabin in the woods, can you spot the cabin surrounded by woods in this photo?    You may have to click on the photo to blow it up, but I almost didn't see the cabin myself.   I passed it, and then mused: "Was there a cabin among all those trees?"   I turned around and snapped the photo.   This guy sure must like his remote serenity!







No comments:

Post a Comment