Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Sad But Temporary Farewell to Homer

Well...with much regret I decided that it was time to leave Homer.   I've visited Homer before, really enjoyed it, and I'd planned to stay a week here.   But the hotel rooms were in excess of $250 for just a barely-tolerable room.   And while I have the money, I really didn't appreciate being taken advantage of, so ... time to start my return journey after just 2 wonderful days here.   

I took these 2 photos at a promenade overlooking Homer and Kachemak Bay.  It's on the Seward Highway coming in to Homer.

As much as I regret leaving, I know I'll be back soon enough.   And next time, I hope to be smart enough to have an RV
so I can stay for as long as I want!


And in 2 hours I'll be back in Soldotna, heading back to Anchorage.   Soldotna is another of my favorite towns.   Lots of very friendly people...and delicious Forest Pie!!!   Yum-yum!  LOL.  






The Kenai River runs alongside downtown Soldotna, and fishing is the town's major attraction.


 But the moose are no strangers along the riverbanks either....

Tomorrow I'll be in Anchorage for 2 nights so I can rest up.  I'm looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment