Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Congratulations University of Texas Cyclists! HOOK 'EM, HORNS!

Well, I'll be darned!    Here they come!  The University of Texas cyclists!

You may recall that when I drove into Jasper, Alberta, Canada, I met some cyclists wearing burnt orange "Texas 4000" cycling jerseys.   These young men and women from the University of Texas in Austin were selected to bicycle all the way from Austin, Texas to Anchorage, Alaska ... a 4,000 mile journey.   The purpose?   To raise awareness of the fight against cancer.

I stopped in Glennellen, Alaska to refuel and grab a sandwich.   As I left the town, who should I meet coming into town, but those same University of Texas cyclists.   They had less than 200 miles to go until arriving in Anchorage!   They made it!   Good for them!! 


They saw my "JoeTex" cyclist license plates, remembered me and we excitedly exchanged the famous "Hook 'Em, Horns" sign.   LOL.  




4,000 miles of cycling.  What an achievement.  I was proud of and very happy for them.    










No comments:

Post a Comment